Friday, February 11, 2011

Weird? OCD? Just a quirk!

<-- WARNING: This spider is deceivingly cute... Everyone has their quirks. Their little personality traits that make the unique…Their habits that make them who they are. You never realize how strange some of your own habits are until someone points it out to you. For instance, I have a thing about spiders. I hate them, and in 7th grade my teacher missed school because her father was in the hospital. He had been bitten by a black widow spider that was living in his gloves. I’m not really sure why that story sticks out to me so much, but it did, and I refuse to be taken out of this world by a spider. So, I have some habits to prevent this. Before putting on closed toed shoes, I shake the right shoe, then the left, and then beat them together and turn them upside down. Apparently, I think that this will shake the spiders loose and then dump them on the floor before I squish my toes into the shoes. However, it had become such a habit, that I honestly don’t even think about what I’m doing as I’m doing it. Another weird habit of mine is that I have to have the tag sticking out of my pillow and pillowcase. Most people put their pillowcase with the closed side over the tag. But for some reason, I feel like I have to have the tag sticking out.
Most people have some strange habits or rituals that they really don’t even realize are strange because they are so engrained in their normal routine. What are some of yalls “quirks”?

No comments:

Post a Comment