Monday, May 30, 2011

Update on Matty

Hello friends,
The past week has been an absolute whirlwind and I can honestly say that I have never felt so many intense emotions in such a short amount of time. I am left exhausted, physically, mentally, and emotionally. I feel drained, relieved, sad, mad, thankful, happy, scared, and just about every emotion you can think of all at the same time.
So I felt the need to update everyone with a few things.
First of all I want to say thank you to everyone who supported me. I got so many texts, calls, e-mails, twitter messages, and facebook messages that were so encouraging and supportive. I also had so many people help spread the word in order to help find Matt. The countless hours spent praying, searching, and caring have not been overlooked and I, along with countless others, am truly truly thankful.
Second of all, I, myself, am still trying to deal with this incident at this time. I think that this is something that had a great effect on me and will take some time to process. I'm exhausted from processing and thinking, therefore, I cannot bring myself to fully talk about the situation yet. However, I do feel like I owe the people who have supported Matt and me and followed the story some sort of explanation. So I took a paragraph from my sweet friend, Ms. Tiffany Rabon (soon to be Webber)'s blog:
"The past few days, most people who are familiar with Campus Outreach would say that they have been preoccupied with the disappearance of a staff member. There’s no need really to get into the details at this point. The important part is this: He has been located and is unharmed. Personally, I am overwhelmed with joy. The past few days have kept many people that I consider friends up at night. Now, they can rest knowing that their dear friend is safe. Also, what an opportunity this was to proclaim the Gospel to the world! The hands and feet of Christ took to the streets and showed an unshakable faith to people watching across the globe. God was merciful in bringing Matt home, and He will be continually merciful. If I could say anything to Matt right now, it would be this. “I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy, for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ.” (Phil. 1:6). I have been nearly obsessed with this passage lately, and I am mesmerized by the fact that once we enter into a relationship with Christ, His good work is just beginning! We’re not finished yet, friends… how beautiful a picture of Christ’s love for us. He is so committed to us that He keeps caring for and developing us. That’s all for now. I hope that we can all enjoy this Memorial Weekend, especially now that a lost man is now found!"

Again, I am so thankful to have such great friends. And I am so happy that Matt has been found. Please continue to keep him, his family, and friends in your thoughts and prayers as we sort through the details.

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I am SO glad that your friend Matty is okay. He (and you) were in my thoughts and prayers!! I know it is hard, but I hope your continue to push though this :) Hard times like this have such an impact on your life and takes an extra toll on you as you already are suffering with your health!!

    Let me know if you need anything, girl!! I'm always here to email, facebook chat or even text/call if you ever needed it!

    xoxo
    -Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOODNESS! How scary, thank God He is ok!

    God is SO good! Now go and relax, know that God is with you.

    xo,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete