Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Pinkies Up! It's Fancy Dinner.

Since 2006 my two best friends and I have had a tradition called “fancy dinner”. It all came about because one day we decided that we wanted to dress up and have dinner using the nice plates. However, since then fancy dinner has changed. Sometimes we dress up, sometimes we wear pajamas, sometimes we cook, sometimes we get take out. No matter what, we always use the nice plates. It’s funny because the three of us eat together all the time; we go out to lunch or out to dinner or just hang out all the time. Really the only thing that’s different is that we call it “fancy dinner” and we stay home to eat.
Anyways, we had fancy dinner tonight and we actually dressed up and cooked dinner and dessert- the dinner was grilled cheese and canned peaches, but it was dinner nonetheless! So after we cooked our grilled cheeses and opened the can of peaches, we got out the fancy champagne glasses, filled them with water, and took our fancy selves to the dining room for a nice dinner. Of course, like most of the recent fancy dinners, to dinner conversation quickly turned to things that could be considered less than appropriate dinner conversation. But we laughed, ate, sang, and even tried our special dessert (don’t worry, this dessert will be getting a blog post of its own soon).
I love these girls and I love fancy dinner, and I especially love that we can get together and do anything at all and still have a good time!





2006. Our first fancy dinner. We set up a table outside and lit candles and got all dressy. We ate takeout from a burger place.



2007. Fancy spaghetti dinner.



2008. Fettucini alfredo and grapples for fancy dinner. We decided not to dress up.



2009. Dressed up. Takeout grilled cheese and fries.



2010. Lots of awkward dinner conversation!



2011. Tonight's fancy dinner! :)

3 comments:

  1. Looks fun! I wish my best friend didn't live all the way in Indiana because I'd love to do this with her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun Brooke! Through all of your posts and everything, I have been able to see that you have amazing, caring, loving, fun friends that love you :) How special♥

    I swear, next time I go on vacation, we need to meet up (whenever I will be able to get out of here!) But really, someday...let's do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin, seriously. we will have to meet up sometime! I would love that!

    ReplyDelete