Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Happy 235th Birthday to America, Happy 22nd Birthday to Me!

Happy family vacation/4th of July/birthday weekend to me! Today I got back from family vacation, and boy is it good to be home! My parents and I, along with another family and their adorable 2 year old son, went to Ocean Isle Beach this past weekend for a vacation and a wedding. One of our friends got married on Sunday, so we spent the weekend relaxing, spending time together, and enjoying the wedding festivities. It was an absolutely beautiful wedding and so different from any other wedding I’d ever been to! On the 4th of July, which is arguably my favorite holiday, we went into town and watched a little parade and got ice cream…for breakfast. Then we spent the rest of the day relaxing, playing games, and hanging out before an indoor cookout, followed by some fireworks on the beach. It was fun to get to hang out with my family when my dad wasn’t stressed about work or waking up at 5am to go run a triathlon, and my mom wasn’t sitting by the computer waiting to receive an e-mail from work that she could complain about. We actually all got along and no one killed anyone. Yay! Then Tuesday was my birthday! I have mixed feelings about this birthday. Don’t get me wrong, it was a great day and I had a blast with my family and 2 best friends. I just don’t think I want to get older. But I can’t stop time, so 22 I will be. For a whole year! Luckily, as old as I may turn each year, America will always turn older than me the day before ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment