Sunday, July 10, 2011

Pediatric Oncology

Ever since I can remember, I have been fascinated with the St. Jude commercials! The faces of the children who looked so hopeful, yet so sick was always interesting to me. How could those children smile when they were fighting such a hard battle? I think that those children are heroes and that's why I've always found pediatric oncology interesting. However, I thought a lot of things were interesting as a child, ice skating, roller blading, tree climbing...all of those things were potential professions in my 7 year old mind. Now, as a 22 year old, I have officially signed up for classes in nursing school and am looking SO forward to working in a hospital soon. I know I have to do my rotations and who knows, maybe I will end up loving cardio or neuro. But as for now, I cannot wait to work in pediatric oncology and work with little heroes every day!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome, Brooke! Congrats and good luck! I agree, those children are an inspiration, and a reminder of strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brooke, you are going to be an amazing nurse. If I must be honest, that is the profession that I always wanted to do, but it wasn't offered at my university (as you have to go to nursing school usually) and I didn't want to leave my sorority and activities/friends. I was selfish and thought of my social life.

    It is amazing how strong those children are despite all their obstacles. You will make such a wonderful difference in their lives girrrl :)

    Rock it nurse brooke!

    ReplyDelete