Sunday, August 28, 2011

Adjusting to the Move

8 days later and I think it finally hit me that I moved to a new city. Today was the first day that I was painfully aware all day that I live in a new city, where I know very few people and don’t really know how to get anywhere. I know that after a while I will begin to feel at home here and make friends. But for now, how nice it would be to be able to drive downtown and walk by the river, or call up my best friend and have her come over just to sit and do nothing?

Today kind of reminded me of a quote that hangs proudly on display at the fictional "Karen's Cafe" in Wilmington, NC. I love this quote because it rings so true and reminds me of home and the set where I worked!

1 comment:

  1. YES!!!! I love that OTH quote :)
    You will rock it in the new city and I know you will meet so many new fabulous people! Though we have never :officially: met, you personality is so strong, positive, and contagious through the web, that I can't imagine how great it is in real life :)

    Can't wait to hear more about your new college experience & the lovely new city!

    Take care <3

    ReplyDelete