Friday, August 26, 2011

The Beginning of Classes and Hurricane Irene

Hello, hello, hello! I hope everyone has had a wonderful week! This week has been crazy and busy and unusual. First of all, I moved into my new apartment in Charlotte on Saturday. So far I love it, and I can’t wait to finish decorating and putting the finishing touches on it! Then on Wednesday I started my nursing classes. Why is it that even after 6 years of elementary school, 3 years of middle school, 4 years of high school and 4 years of college, the first day of school is still scary? Of course Tuesday night was filled with the typical pre-first day panic questions like: What should I wear? Will it be cold in my classroom? Will the teacher be nice? Will my classmates like me? Will I make friends? What should I pack for lunch? How long will it take me to get there? What if my alarm doesn’t go off on time? So after I finally turned off my brain, I got about 5 hours of sleep before waking up for my first day at 5am. You see, classstarts at 7 and I live about 35 minutes away (and I have a huge fear of being late), so my day starts at 5am! Then I had class until 3:30, got home at 4, and worked on homework until 1:30am. Which allowed me a total of 4 hours of sleep on Wednesday night. Needless to say, I was tired exhausted during class today. I have a feeling I’m going to be pretty MIA on Wednesdays and Thursdays, so I will have to make good use of my time on the other days! But overall, so far so good!
In other news, mother nature is insane. On Tuesday of this past week there was in earthquake in Virginia that could be felt all the way down here in NC. And if that wasn’t enough, my little Wilmington is now preparing for hurricane Irene! I know I should be glad that I’m safe and not there, but I can’t help but wish that I had school cancelled, or had to stock up on hurricane items, or was sitting in my house without power and with boarded up windows. There is just something about a hurricane that reminds me of childhood! I guess that’s what you get when you grow up on the coast!
I hope everyone stays safe in all this crazy weather! I’ll be back tomorrow for another Follow Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Best of luck this semester! Sounds like it will be a challenge but I'm sure you're up for it. We are pretty worried about the hurricane up here in NY too.

    ReplyDelete