Wednesday, September 7, 2011

127 Hours. Ew.

Hello all! Hope you guys are having a wonderful week so far! I just finished watching 127 Hours and wanted to write up a brief post about it. (When I say brief, I mean brief like I have to wake up for class in 5 hours).

So, a man gets stuck in a canyon when a rock falls on his arm. No surprise there right? I mean, there is really no way there could be any spoilers to this movie. Unless you've been living under a rock (pun totally intended), you know what happens. Boulder falls on mans arm. Man is stuck for 127 hours. Man cuts own arm off. The end. But really it got me thinking, could I cut my own arm off if I had to? Nope. I would like to think that my survival instincts would kick in and the adrenaline would allow me to just slice my own arm right off, but I'm pretty sure I'm not built that way. I'm pretty sure I would spend 127 hours crying and napping, before just surrundering myself to fate. But then again, if we're being honest here, first I would never make it 127 hours, I would probably dehydrate from crying like a baby before then; and second, I would never go hiking, especially not by myself.

The moral of the story. Don't go hiking. ever. and if you do, be prepared to chop off one of your own appendages. Yeah, no thanks. I'll stay inside.

PS- It made me sad that no one was looking for that poor man while he was stuck in the cave. If I ever stop blogging unannounced for like more than a week, someone check in on me to make sure I'm not trapped in a cave sawing my own arm off, please. I would like to think someone would care.

No comments:

Post a Comment