Sunday, October 2, 2011

The Amazing Maize Maze

If you have never done a corn maze, you are missing out. For real. Since freshman year my roommate has been telling me about the Amazing Maize Maze in Charlotte. Despite my anxious personality and extreme claustrophobia, I always thought it sounded really fun! So, 4 years later we decided to stop talking about it and actually do it. On Friday, we laced up our tennis shoes and headed to Rural Hill for the Amazing Maize Maze. From the parking lot, it really didn’t look that big or impressive. From inside the maze, it was. It’s a 7 acre corn field, with over 1.25 miles of mazes. Each year there’s a different theme, and this years theme was “Fit to be A-maized”. This basically just meant that the maze was carved out in the shape of a swimmer, biker, and runner. We were given a map with 12 blank squares where our puzzle pieces would go. There were 12 mailboxes hidden within the different levels of mazes and each mailbox contained a piece of the map. We hiked through mud, sang some Journey, made some friends, and got pretty ridiculously lost, but we had a blast. And it only took us 2 hours and 21 minutes! Haha! So, like I said, if you’ve never done a corn maze, you should totally try it. It was AMAIZING (okay okay, I know I‘m corny)! Enjoy the pics.





No comments:

Post a Comment