Thursday, December 15, 2011

Random Acts of Christmas Kindness: Day 3

Today was the 3rd day of my “12 days of Christmas giving”. I’m not gonna lie, I had a crazy travel day and spent the majority of my day packing and unpacking and driving across the state. I wasn’t really sure where or when I was going to fit in my random act of kindness for the day, however, I seriously considered the fact that I didn’t honk or gesture at anyone while driving to be pretty kind. But really, I knew I needed to do something, so as I pulled into Wilmington I stopped at the grocer store to pick up some roses for my mom. She’s been stressed planning and shopping for Christmas and cleaning for company, so I thought some flowers might be a nice gesture. When I got home, I grabbed the bouquet, put them behind my back, and snuck in through the garage door. When she came down to meet me, I handed her the flowers and said “Merry Christmas, mom!” She seemed really surprised and happy. She immediately found a vase and cut the flowers and now they are being proudly displayed in the kitchen. It was a small gesture, but I think it was definitely the thought that counted with this one!

In other news, I'm home now and I'm so happy! I can't wait to hang out with my family and friends and get our Christmas tree! Tomorrow will be another travel day, since I'm driving up to ECU to see my best friend, Emily, graduate!


No comments:

Post a Comment