Sunday, December 18, 2011

Random Acts of Christmas Kindness: Day 6

Happy Sunday, friends! Today was Day 7 of my Random Acts of Christmas Kindness, and it was challenging. The main challenge was that I didn’t wake up until 2pm, so that kind of cut my day short. After finally dragging myself out of the house, I went shopping and to a movie with my Dad. My plan was to give someone a $10 gift card to Port City Java, but it just never happened. When I got home I decided that today’s random act would have to be something I could do from home, since it was late. So for today, I donated money to “F Cancer”. Mozilla Firefox just launched a crazy awesome holiday campaign and is donating $25,000 to the charity that raises the most money. You can check out more about “F Cancer” and how you can help here: http://www.crowdrise.com/Give2FCancer. So I might not have left the house to do my random act of kindness today, but I did help an organization work towards their goal of raising money. And you could do the same!
I got another e-mail from Alyssa today. Here’s what she had to say:

"So for today I took Christmas cards to the Children’s Hospital and the VA Hospital. But I didn’t just buy cards and drop them off. I decorated the envelopes, wrote in all the cards, and made little inserts with inspirational quotes on them. It took me about 5 hours in total but it was more than worth it. The staff was super grateful and thanked me a million times at each place. It really made me smile. It feels so good to make other people feel good even if it’s something as small as a Christmas Card."

No comments:

Post a Comment