Monday, December 19, 2011

Random Acts of Christmas Kindness: Day 7

Less than a week until Christmas! Isn’t that crazy? Today was the 7th day of my Random Acts of Christmas Kindness. I’ve had a Port City Java gift card in my wallet for a few days now and knew it was time to give it away. So I stopped by PCJ to get my usual decaf vanilla iced coffee and to drop off the gift card. After getting my coffee, I sat down to look for someone who could use the gift card. A few minutes later a teenage girl walked up to the counter and I knew she would probably appreciate it. As a kid, you don’t have a lot of your own money, so I figured this might be helpful for her. I know I spent a lot of time and money at PCJ when I was in high school! So on my way out the door I stopped and tapped the girl on the shoulder. I get really awkward when talking to people I don’t know, so I probably sounded like an idiot. But I handed her the gift card and said “Here ya go. Here’s a $10 gift card. Merry Christmas!” and left. The girl looked super confused (which is totally understandable) and kept looking at her friends to see if they knew what was going on. It was pretty awkward, but I guess that’s okay. As long as she enjoys it!

No comments:

Post a Comment