Sunday, February 19, 2012

Emily said YES!

It was 1995 and we were in Mrs. Bazemore’s 1st grade class together. That’s where I met my best friend, Emily. We first bonded over the fact that we were both painfully shy. But our friendship grew from there. I’ve had some of my best memories with Emily.

Fast forward 17 years and here we are. This morning I got the most exciting text from Emily. It read “I’m engaged!!!” She’s getting married to her now fiancé, Jeff, and I couldn’t be more excited for them. Honesty, I wanted to write a long, heartfelt, emotional blog post about how grown up we are getting and how much I love Emily, but I can’t sum up 17 years of friendship in one post, so I’m going to let the pictures speak for themselves. But for the record, I’m so happy for her and can’t wait for her to start this next chapter of her life!

Playing orphans in a wagon in the driveway.

 Jungle Rapids waterpark

 Swinging in the backyard

Playing at Wrightsville 

 Hanging out in the backyard

Before the 5th grade dance

Dancing

 Ike and Michelle (our imaginary mice) wedding

Boogie boarding

Being Santa

 5th grade graduation dinner

At a baseball game

My journal entry from 1st grade. 

 Fancy dinner

 She's engaged!

No comments:

Post a Comment