Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine's Day

Yay! It’s Valentine’s Day! The time of the year where you gorge yourself on insane amounts of chocolate, until you’re a plump, greasy, mess. The time of the year where couples get to be couple-y (apparently, that can’t happen the other 364 days of the year). The time of the year where single people curse and cry and start looking up cat adoption on the internet. Now don’t get me wrong here, I haven’t always hated Valentine’s Day. In fact, when I was a kid, it was one of my favorite holidays. I loved decorating a bag and leaving it out at school for my classmates to fill up with treats. I loved getting the class list, bringing it home, going to the store to pick out the perfect Valentine’s, and then picking out all of the best ones to give to the popular kids, who ultimately would never be my friend, no matter what card I gave them. I feel a little cheated, honestly. No one told me that Valentine’s Day would soon turn into the second worst holiday of the whole year (the Tour de France being the worst. And yes, that is a holiday in my household). Here’s a hint for all of you out there, unless you have a Valentine, the day just gets worse as the years go on. Your friends get engaged and married and have babies and flaunt their love all over the place, while you’re elbow deep in self-pity and Reeses cups. So Happy Valentine’s Day to all of you, whether you are the lucky turds who have someone, or are fabulously alone, like me! How will you be celebrating the most Hallmark holiday of the year?





No comments:

Post a Comment