Friday, March 16, 2012

What's a Friend?

What is a friend? The dictionary says that a friend is “an ally in a fight or cause; supporter; a person who is closest to you". Some quotes say that "a friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same". While I agree with both of these things, I think that it's so hard to describe what a friend is in a few short sentences. However, let me introduce you to my friends and what they mean to me.
I have the best friends in the whole world (I’m willing to put money on it). And the great thing is that all of my friendships are different. With my friend Christine I talk to her almost everyday and tell her everything. With my friend Emily we don’t talk on the phone or text very often, but when we see each other it’s great and comfortable and we have so much fun. It’s kind of the same with Sarah, since she lives in Pennsylvania and we don’t get to talk that much. But she was just in Wilmington for spring break and we had SO much fun. Then there’s Katie and Kelsey and Helen. We all became friends our freshman year of college. We immediately bonded. We lived in the same dorm, we were all a little nervous about college, and we all went through a lot of things together that year. I think since freshman year we’ve only grown closer. And Lindsey. Who was my roommate freshman year, and is also part of the “Sisterhood”, aka Lindsey, Katie, Kelsey, Helen, and me. Lindsey and I live together again and are closer than ever. We finish each others sentences, laugh at the same stupid things, and are pretty much equally as nerdy. And I have a ton of other friends that mean so much to me, all in different ways.
But there is one thing that all of these friendships have in common. I am more myself with them then I am without them. They bring out the best, the worst, the funniest, the saddest, the happiest, the most in me. I laugh louder and cry harder with them. They are the people who I trust the most. Who I trust so much that I feel comfortable with letting my guard down and being me. I feel home when I’m with my friends, and there is no better feeling in the world.
                                             The Sisterhood being goofy

                                 Me and Sarah, best friends since kindergarten

                    Me and Kels (aka Booger aka my Twix buddy aka Mama Kels)

                                      Me, Emily, and Christine at fancy dinner

                                                  Me and Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment