Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Jennifer Lawrence, be my BFF?

I don’t think Katniss Everdeen and I would be best friends. She’s strong and independent and brave. She enjoys shooting animals in the eye and having adventures in the forest. I enjoy a good veggie burger, and sitting on the couch watching a movie. So I don’t think we will be braiding each others hair or making friendship bracelets anytime soon. However, Jennifer Lawrence, who plays Katniss, could very well be my BFF soul mate. She is rarely serious, ridiculously hilarious, and just downright loveable. If you don’t believe me, check out these quotes from interviews:

            “I picked up an issue of Cosmopolitan the other day that had tips for job interviews, because I was like, ‘I need to get better at interviews.’ The article was basically about how to get someone not to hate you in 20 minutes. Every single thing they told you not to do, I was like, ‘I do that every day.’”

          “Well, one woman asked if she could throw her gum away in her interviewer’s garbage can. I never think it’s right to chew gum in front of other people, but a lot of times I’ll come in for a meeting chewing gum and I’ll forget I’m chewing it. Then you don’t want to swallow it because it stays in your system for seven years or something, so I’ve asked to throw it away. I’ve started to wonder if that’s why I didn’t get certain movies.”

        “I’m scared of ghosts. Just yesterday when I moved into a new room at the hotel, I was deeply convinced, that I shouldn’t wash my face, because if I would look into the mirror, I would actually see a ghost.”

        “When I get my first real check, I want to bathe in a pool full of pasta.”

         On the rumor that she injured herself on set: “But what was written was ‘Jennifer Lawrence damages her spleen on Hunger Games shoot’. So who knows what’s gonna come out next. At least it didn’t damage the baby... I’m kidding! I just wanted to start a whole new rumor.”

           “It’s a very violent futuristic movie where kids are randomly selected from their home districts to fight in an area to the death. But we don’t drink blood. That’s just sick.”

           On her brown hair: “yeah, my mom didn’t even recognize me. She came to visit me on set, walked into my trailer, made eye contact with me, and said ‘oh sorry! Wrong trailer!’ so I just let her go…”

          “My mom doesn’t believe in her kids being sick or hurt. We never go to the hospital, just straight to the morgue. I got hit by a car when I was 18 months old. No hospital.”

            On being nominated for an academy award: “I mean, I’m 20. I know how to take my dog to the vet and go to the dentist. I don’t know how to respond to something like that. I usually just smile and change the subject”

         “I’m very stubborn. Which is why I have a cold. Cause I refuse to take vitamins. Cause I’m all like “I don’t have a cold”. I’m so stupid”.


Still don’t believe me that she is potentially the cutest human on the face of the planet? Here’s a video to prove it.




So, Jennifer Lawrence, wherever you are. Please be my BFF. We can eat Linguini and talk about Harry Potter and color.

No comments:

Post a Comment