Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Empire State of Mind



New York, concrete jungles where dreams are made. Oh, there’s nothing you can’t do…” -Alicia Keys

Well Alicia, after my recent visit to NYC, I would have to say that you are wrong. While NYC is full of interesting people, fun sights, and amazing foods, there are certainly some things that you just cannot do in New York.

You cannot:

1. Sit on the steps of Grand Central station. This was proven to us this past week.

2. Make eye contact. I suppose you can make eye contact, but it’s really not recommended.

3. Get seated right away. Anywhere. At any restaurant. You will wait for a table.

4. Hate America. It’s pretty much impossible to feel less than patriotic with all of the American flags around.

5. Be polite. People will get confused and/or take advantage of you.

6. Be alone. Really. There are people everywhere all the time.

7. Drive a car. Again, I suppose you can. But unless you have a death wish, I wouldn’t recommend it.

So, Alicia Keys. While there are many many opportunities and things you can do in New York, I wouldn’t exactly say there is “nothing you can’t do”.

No comments:

Post a Comment