Friday, August 17, 2012

Target

Pens, highlighters, binders. That was my original shopping list for Target today. So how did I leave with $85 worth of stuff? That, my friends, is the magic of Target. I don’t know if it’s the sneakily well stocked end caps, the amazingly cute items, or the fact that they have everything you could ever want or need, but it is near impossible to leave Target empty handed. Me and my roommate left for our shopping expedition with the full intent of picking up a few school supplies and leaving. I had a strong start as we browsed through the shoe section and I resisted the urge to buy everything in my size. I even passed by the clothing section without touching a single item! I honestly don’t know what happen or when things took a turn for the worse, but by the end I had 32 rolls of toilet paper, a package of plastic cups, 4 yogurts, a box of waffles, a box of cereal, a pack of pens, a pack of highlighters, 3 binders, a watch, a Bobble filter, and a new planner. I cringed as I placed the items on the conveyor belt and watched my total climb. I tried to reason with myself out loud, until the cashier laughed at me and snickered “32 rolls of toilet paper? Eggo waffles? Is all this really necessary?” I had sunk to a new low. The cashier was mocking my purchases. I swiped my debit card, gave up a piece of my soul, and loaded my new purchases into my trunk. I left Target feeling a strange sense of both defeat and accomplishment all at the same time. Target tends to have that effect on people, I think.
So next time you go to Target, I dare you to stick to exactly what is on your list. Unless you have written “everything in the whole dang store”, I’m pretty sure there is no way to be successful! Good luck and Godspeed!

PS- I feel like I need to defend my waffle purchase. But they were S’mores Eggos and they are seasonal and will only be around for a limited time! I mean, how can you just pass that by?
PPS- Don’t buy S’mores Eggos. Each waffle has approximately 3 chocolate chips and 1 mini marshmallow. You’re welcome for the warning.


*Photo Credit*
THIS PICTURE IS A LIE! A LIE, I TELL YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment